Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ONE WORD for you water

1. Back To Top    #1

ONE WORD for you water

what ONE WORD best describes the water in your pool?

Where this comes from is that I was working the morning coffee as the pump kicked in to begin it's daily duties I was very much impressed with the diamond sharp flashes of reflected light from the rising sun in the ripples on the surface. It set my mind to thinking of all the descriptors used here on TFP. Dull, cloudy, clear, shiny, Yada, Yada, Yada.

I (for the moment) settled on SHARP.

You?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS, Cartridge filter, 400,000 btu heater, 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Solar: 10 FAFCO panels 1.5hp booster. Testt kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ONE WORD for you water

Cold

Hey, your pool looks great and I really like that picture
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

Luscious

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP sparkling, thanks to who else TFP... 😊

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

the diamond sharp flashes of reflected light from the rising sun in the ripples on
    That's when you know you have become a TFP'r. You have the Sparklypoolitis disease......it's incurable.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

I always think of 'calypso' when I'm in my pool. The water sparkles in the sun, the liner is a perfect Caribbean blue, a few pretty pink petals from my crepe myrtle drift across the surface and the greenery surrounding the pool reflects on the water.

Yes. Calypso.
    14,000 gallon above ground 24ftx56in round vinyl overlap liner steel wall sand filter 1/2 hp pump heavy lime in city water morning shade

7. Back To Top    #7

Diamonds.
    Looks like sparkling diamonds.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

8. Back To Top    #8

Potable.

beat that.
    29,085.1 gal inground grecian vinyl, Hayward Super Pump VS, Hayward S-240 sand filter, Dolphin Nautilus Plus (aka Agador Spartacus), Taylor K-2006 kit, nice pool brush, crappy leaf net, frogs

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

My friend used the word "gorgeous" to describe my water the other day. My smile was big, lol.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

10. Back To Top    #10

Crystal. As clear as a crystal or crystal clear. Of course I've got sparklypoolitis along with everyone else here.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

11. Back To Top    #11

Amazing! I can honestly say I have never seen a pool so clear. When my kids are underwater I always think of HD, I can see everything so perfectly when they are swimming underwater.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.