Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No Cell Power!

1. Back To Top    #1

No Cell Power!

I found a video on YouTube and checked each step. Until it told me my rectifiers needed replaced. So installed new rectifiers. Still no power took my T-15 cell to a buddys house, and it turned right on. I did find a burnt solder on back of board. It was behind a relay. I was wondering how hard it would be to replace? Any help would be appreciated. Pic is of relay that has burnt spot behind it.image.jpg
    18x36 Grecian
    Haywood Variable Speed Pump
    Gold line Aqua Plus With T-15 cell
    Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No Cell Power!

Most of the time you just need to refloat the solder so it makes a better connection with the trace. Have you ever soldered before?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd re-solder that joint first.

Including the information on what controller you are talking about in your signature or the post would help others that know these systems well though. Otherwise, if you found a bad solder joint and recognized it I'd try re-soldering it before swapping parts.
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Typically, resoldering works.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry Aqua Plus with T-15 cell. I have never done any soldering, but I guess I can try that first.
    18x36 Grecian
    Haywood Variable Speed Pump
    Gold line Aqua Plus With T-15 cell
    Sand Filter