Increasing CH level

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello All,
I need to add about 16lbs of Calcium Chloride to my 17K plaster pool, its currently measuring at approx 250 and will bring it to 350 and remeasure. Being in Florida getting deicer isn't the easiest thing to do, but the internet is my friend and Homedepot is close by: 25 lb. Professional Strength Calcium Chloride Pellets Ice Melter - Re-Sealable Bag Model # 206402769 $16.99, with FREE SHIPPING to store.

Looks like a winner at 94% Calcium Chloride.

5lbs of CH increaser is $10, so it seems like a no brainer.

Hope the info helps others.

Hello All,
I need to add about 16lbs of Calcium Chloride to my 17K plaster pool, its currently measuring at approx 250 and will bring it to 350 and remeasure........

What is the CH of your tap water?
I don't know the age of your pool. Did you add Calcium Chloride in the past to bring level to 250?

My tap water is CH 75. My new pool will be filled hopefully next week and I don't think I'll need to add Calcium Chloride because the new plaster should raise the level.
But, if I have to use some thanks for Home Depot order info.

Product came in, added enough to bring my CH to 375. Poured in about 16 lbs directly from bag to pool. Dissolves in less than 15 minutes measured about an hour later. Quick and inexpensive compared to pool store pricing of CH increaser. Did not cloud up, kinda surprised.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.