Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure pump pressure relief purpose?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cantonment, FL (Pensacola Area)

Pressure pump pressure relief purpose?

I'm just wondering about the pressure relief on my Polaris wall fitting. Is that to protect the Polaris, simply to have the "correct" pressure where the Polaris works best, or does it protect the pump?

I haven't had anything to mess with on my pool for awhile and bored so going to make an attempt at a DIY aerator just for any possible future use. I "think" a pump should be just fine as long as water is flowing at all, but wanted other input. I'll be connecting it with a universal wall fitting like Skippy's fountain but instead of adding the valve just cap it off or connect a ball valve there so I can adjust the flow.

I have some parts ordered already. I will tee it after the fitting. On both sides will be another tee and a 45 on the end, each of those going to a 3/4 ozone/irrigation venturi valve so a total of 4, inside two straight out and outside ones out by 45.. Airline connected to each, connected together, and extended out of the water where I can also adjust the air.

Will be awhile, and no clue how well it will work, but at least something to mess with With a 300 gallon reef tank for many years I got to thinking about the venturi used to make the fine mist of bubbles for the skimmer.
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Pressure pump pressure relief purpose?

sounds interesting, pictures needed
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **