Spa Questions and advice

bdrex28

Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2016
Frisco, TX
So our pool will start in just over a week and I'm going through everything in my mind just making sure I know what questions I have before everything starts.

As part of our build we're installing a 7' x 7' spa.

Now, the list I have says this has:

(6) waterway rotating jets
1.5HP Blower
Fountain (center of spa)
and LED Light

Here's my questions:

1. would you all recommend more than the 6 jets?
2. Do you know anything about Waterway rotating Jets? I'm guessing it's these: Waterway Rotating Therapy Massage Jet 212-9170 , they are cheap! Might as well pay for better jets if anyone has ideas?
3. would you add foot jets or anything else?

Also, it doesn't list a second pump in my build.
the only pump I see is Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS Pump and a Whisperflo Booster for water features.

do I need an additional pump do you believe?

A lot of questions :confused:

We have 8 rotating jets on our 9' octagon spa, not sure of the vendor of the jets. The spa has a separate 2hp pump for the spa jets. We have a blower that is used to pump water up from the floor. It is too crazy for me but the kids love it.

We have a pretty good sized spa- holds 10 people easily. We have 6 waterway jets running on a 2hp pump as well as a blower tied into the jets to provide areation. IMO the waterways are OK at best, specifically the oscillating ones that dont spin very well. I'd likely buy some better quality jets.

As to number of outlets, 6 seems like plenty to me as they get the water roiling in ours.

We are going with Poly Storm jets. 11 total plus 4 foot jets (non-poly storm, just pipe) on 2 separate zones/pumps. So 7 total outlets on one zone and 8 on the other. Our builder recommends 6 per pump to have really good pressure, but we just couldn't trim down.

If you go to my build thread (link in my signature) you can see some of the things we took into consideration. It's kind of spread out but pages 14 - 16 touch a bit on stuff we did. Can't tell you it all worked out yet though. We're still about 30 days out from completion.

plat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.