Allen Texas
Pool Water looks clear, last night my FC-10, cc-0. This morning Fc-9, cc-o
My other readings are: ph-7.7? sometimes hard to tell with colors
cya-28
alk-70
ch-625
Not sure what to do next?

- - - Updated - - -

Fyi- Its been really hot here 96 and our pool is in direct sunlight all day!!!

What test kit? (suggest you add that to your signature)

I would raise CYA to 40. I would also enter everything in PoolMath and see if my CSI is -0.2 to -0.1

Before I went to get CYA, I would check my stock of cold beverages, replenish as necessary, then go bomb the pool (Aussie for cannonball)

If you enter all your numbers in PoolMath, there's a number down at the bottom called CSI. It's calcite saturation index. You want to keep that between -0.3 and +0.3. That will protect your pool from any chance of calcium scaling. The calcium is a bit high but manageable. Keeping your CSI a touch negative, if possible, works out best overall. If too far negative, your plaster erodes a wee bit faster than it would with CSI closer to zero.

Thanks for the info, the csi showed pool at .37, says to remove 44% water, & my hubby says we cant do that right now. Even if we did, wouldn't that cause cya to drop more? what are some suggestions? I appreciate everyones advice!!!

You do not need to remove any water. Many (most) of us never check csi. If you keep your parameters within the guidelines we suggest csi becomes irrelevant to you.

The only thing I would do to your pool is dose enough CYA to raise it 20 more ppm.

Then (assuming your water is clear) go swimming and enjoy the rest of the season!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.