Think i may need help soon!

Yes, I put the stabilizer into socks to keep it from leaking through and I spent off and on around 2 hours kneading and squeezing the product until I had it all dissolved into the water in my bucket and then I slowly put it in a quart at a time in front of my outflow water jet in my pool so that it would distribute it as quickly as possible and as evenly as possible

hahaha, yep Max is right, evaporation leaves the goodies in the water. With a fresh fill, and provided the filter didn't get backwashed in the first day or two after adding CYA, it's all in there, other than water that's splashed out, backwash water, or overflow. So if you know your weight and water volume, the number is correct. Chlorine oxidizes CYA at a very, very slow rate, which is almost unnoticeable other than over a few months of off-season.

I agree with the experts, Kim and Marian, that 50 ppm CYA is a good idea.

AND that is why we want you to stick around! You are a quick study and can apply what you have learned. NOW start reading threads and learning new stuff. When you feel you know the answer to a question (Like how to add CYA) jump in and answer.

:hug:

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.