Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Bug Pool Vac

1. Back To Top    #1

Hillsborough, NC

Aqua Bug Pool Vac

The AG pool we got used came with what I think is an Aqua-Bug pool vac. It is pretty faded and I'm not even sure if it works or not. I have a Polaris Vac-Sweep from our old pool. Aside from being a lot cheaper when we got it, it works on the return side so it's easier to install/remove and I don't have all that stuff getting sucked up by the filter. It rides around and jets blow the dirt off the bottom of the pool and into a collection bag. I used to let it run overnight when the pump and SWG are running. I'd still have to vacuum some spots, especially by the ladders, about every 2 weeks or so. Assuming the aqua bug works, is it significantly better than the one I'm using now?
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Aqua Bug Pool Vac

It depends a bit on your needs, but you might find you use both at different times.

For me, I like the leaves, bird droppings, worms and dead bugs going to the skimmer. I also like the dust going to the filter. The filter removes very fine particles, and it's easily backwashed, so all-in-all everything is made for the job.

If I had a lot of big leaves on the bottom, I might need a cleaner that handles them better, such as the polaris style. Or if I had a bigger pool, I'd probably want a robot for the scrubbing, but also to get the leaves.

This article might be useful: Pool School - Automatic Pool Cleaners
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting