Mistcooling Pool Cooler

kgturner

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2014
Mobile, Alabama
Nice idea - but you could easily build one for a LOT less money. And, if you've never worked with PVC before, this would be good practice in case you ever needed to do any repairs/replacement at your equipment pad.

Be aware that using it a lot will cause your pH to rise do to the aeration.

Thanks. I actually made a pool aerator for when I need to lower TA, but it wouldn't work for cooling. I might just try my hand with PVC. I'm always fighting high pH though so I'll have to weigh cooling vs. even more increased pH. But there's nothing worse than slipping into a pool that feels like tepid bath water. Water is 88 degrees right now and this summer is barely starting.

Kevin T

I bought this one on Amazon and have been quite pleased with the results:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026MTCOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BluePool.JPG

Well that didn't go as planned. Apparently some time in the night, the water pressure blew the sprinkler off of the fountain. Guess I should've put it on the lower pressure return. I'll tighten it down and try again tonight.

Kevin T

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.