Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mistcooling Pool Cooler

1. Back To Top    #1

Mistcooling Pool Cooler

So I'm thinking about trying one of these Mistcooling Pool Coolers:

Amazon.com : Pool Cooler : Automatic Lawn Watering Equipment Accessories : Patio, Lawn Garden

My pool has two returns so I assume I should just one of these as I assumed the circulation would be compromised if both my returns had these attached. Anybody used these? I searched the archives and it appears some people had success.

Kevin T
    16' x 32' Vinyl Liner Grecian Pool. 20,000 Gallons. Sta-Rite SuperMax 1HP Pump (PHK2RA6E-102L). W. Cooper Ranger Series 25" Sand Filter. Dolphin Nautilus Plus.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Mistcooling Pool Cooler

Build your own with some PVC.

I say PVC is like tinker toys for adults. Got a drill? Buy the fittings and build it. 1/16th drill bit works for the sprinkler.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Nice idea - but you could easily build one for a LOT less money. And, if you've never worked with PVC before, this would be good practice in case you ever needed to do any repairs/replacement at your equipment pad.

Be aware that using it a lot will cause your pH to rise do to the aeration.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

4. Back To Top    #4

Check out Skippy's cheap pool cooler (link in my signature line)
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. I actually made a pool aerator for when I need to lower TA, but it wouldn't work for cooling. I might just try my hand with PVC. I'm always fighting high pH though so I'll have to weigh cooling vs. even more increased pH. But there's nothing worse than slipping into a pool that feels like tepid bath water. Water is 88 degrees right now and this summer is barely starting.

Kevin T
    16' x 32' Vinyl Liner Grecian Pool. 20,000 Gallons. Sta-Rite SuperMax 1HP Pump (PHK2RA6E-102L). W. Cooper Ranger Series 25" Sand Filter. Dolphin Nautilus Plus.

6. Back To Top    #6

I bought this one on Amazon and have been quite pleased with the results:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20K gallon vinyl inground pool, Hayward Pro Series sand filter, 1 HP pump, Taylor K-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

My wife actual bought that same "fountain" at our local pool store. I have it hooked up now and will be running it at night. I'm going to use it at night for a week and see what effect it has on water temp.

Kevin T

8. Back To Top    #8

Well that didn't go as planned. Apparently some time in the night, the water pressure blew the sprinkler off of the fountain. Guess I should've put it on the lower pressure return. I'll tighten it down and try again tonight.

Kevin T