Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moving and buying a new pool. What to get?

1. Back To Top    #1

Mobile, AL

Question Moving and buying a new pool. What to get?

We currently have an Intex Ultra Frame that hubby does not want to move and I'm looking at options online. The Intex (at walmart) appears to be sold out in the 22 ft round and only available in the 26 round. That led me to the Coleman 26x52 (less than 52 is not an option). I can't really find any positive feedback on Coleman and I'm concerned about the legs being less sturdy than the Intex (thinner metal?). I'd really like to keep it as a saltwater pool. What are my options? Any brands I should be searching for? Where to look, other than Walmart and Amazon? We could potentially upgrade to an in ground pool as early as next year. Potentially, being the keyword. Thanks!
    Intex 22x52 Ultra frame, 10,500 gallons, Intex saltwater/sand filter combo, Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD kit, Aquacheck salt strips

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Moving and buying a new pool. What to get?

Try local pool stores- there is one near me that I sometimes use for parts and I noticed they sell above ground pools. I think Sears and Costco do also.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter