Been doing some reading on your forum and I appreciate the knowledge. Purchased a home last fall with a 16,500 gallon salt water in ground. Had it opened by a pool company in early May, nothing but trouble since. My pump sets about 8 feet higher than my pool and we had a hard time getting it to prime. It lost prime several times and finally the pump quit. I just replaced it with a Pentair 1.5 HP variable speed pump and am trying again to get the pool in swimming shape. They shocked it at the initial opening and I lost everything when we lost prime and it was off for a week. Got it going again, reshocked and then the pump went out.
Anyways, I got the new pump going yesterday and am going to try again to get this frog pond sorted out. I am going to try the TFPC method. I ordered a test kit today and will be reporting back with my findings. Thanks.