New Intex Sand Filter install - Pressure Gauge in the yellow

Jun 30, 2016
Vancouver
Just installed Intex Pump: Model EC015110 Sand Filter with E.C.O using the recommended #20 silica sand that I purchased from a local pool shop. The brand of sand is "Gillibrand #20 Pool Sand". The sand level in the tank is just under the Max line on the center pipe.

I have run the backwash & rinse four (4) times now but the Pressure Gauge remains in the yellow running at 10psi in filter mode. Do I keep running the Backwash and Rinse to fix this? Is there something else going on?

Pool: Intex Ultra Frame 12x24
Pump: Model EC015110 Sand Filter with E.C.O
Sand: Gillibrand #20 Pool Sand
Heater: Solar Pro XD2
Accessories: skimmer, telescoping vacuum, solar blanket (skimmer & telescoping vacumm are not connected at this time)

The gauge runs in the green during Backwash and Rinse.

I have the prior model of this swg sand filter pump and mine also runs similar. When clean it sits right where the the green/yellow meet, a little lower than yours but not much. Essentially it's okay, just remember your starting point which is the start of yellow and for example, when it gets to upper yellow, backwash it. I personally don't look at the pressure gauge much. Just about every time I'm in the pool I feel the pressure flowing back into the pool and you can tell when it gets weaker that it's time to backwash. Once or twice a month..

I have the prior model of this swg sand filter pump and mine also runs similar. When clean it sits right where the the green/yellow meet, a little lower than yours but not much. Essentially it's okay, just remember your starting point which is the start of yellow and for example, when it gets to upper yellow, backwash it. I personally don't look at the pressure gauge much. Just about every time I'm in the pool I feel the pressure flowing back into the pool and you can tell when it gets weaker that it's time to backwash. Once or twice a month..

Phew... that is a relief... that is what I figured and thank you for taking the time to give me your feed back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.