hard plumb and LIQUIDATOR Install (HELP NEEDED)

starsfan33

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2014
Nevada, TX
Ok, so I posted in the above ground pool section and couldnt get any responses so im going to try again here.

We are trying to hard plumb our above ground pool I have a hayward pump. I have been told that the hayward pumps / skimmer connection is a male adapter on one end (threaded) and female slip on the other. I was told to buy 1 and 1/2"

So I went to home depot and bought the 1 1/2" male adapter with female slip, but the threading did not match up.

We checked every adapter size and style in Home Depot, and NOTHING worked!

Do I need to be ordering a specialty item? what am I missing? PLEASE someone help me. I have been a week trying to figure this problem out! :(

Trying to install a liquidator along with the plumbing and I could REALLY use some help!

Thanks,
Steve

If I am understanding your issue it sounds like you need the unions? Item 16 in this?

Hayward Matrix Pump Parts - INYOPools.com

ugh, this is KILLING me! I have bought so many things now that have NOT been right and no one seems to know what it is that I need! this CANT really be that hard, can it?

I ordered these as you suggested, and I recieved them today. The threading is not right for my skimmer and hayward pump. someone please help me! lol

surely someone has experience doing the same thing and can point me in the right direction. PLEASEEEE! ;-)

Thanks,
Steve

Ok, here are the photos of what I am trying to plumb. I have ordered and spent about 100.00 in different fittings that I have been told "THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED" only to get home and find out that it ISNT what I need. threading is wrong. Now, im not the one plumbing this...I give the parts to my dad who does the plumbing....and he gives the parts back to me and tells me it is wrong.

the fittings I ordered from the previous suggestion on this post, will work on the inlet of the pump....but not for coming out of the skimmer, or coming out of the filter, or going back into the pool! Please help!

Dad has looked at everything from home depot and lowes and says they do not carry the proper fittings (threading) either. we have been trying to get this done for 3 weeks now.

I appreciate any and all advise / help!

Thank you so much,
Steve

The pump

20160710_091530_zpsd7ko5tl8.jpg

The Pump inlet

20160710_091331_zpshbjkqypf.jpg

the skimmer

20160710_091431_zpss65t71p3.jpg

Leaving the filter

20160710_091446_zpsmphzqjny.jpg

Pool Return

20160710_091438_zpskdymptpo.jpg

So, Dad says that he took the threaded peice out of the bottom of the skimmer to take to home depot and match the slip section up with PVC. he said there was no PVC at home depot, or lowes that matched it in size. He was just going to buy pvc that would glue directly with the slip piece to run to the pump, but nothing worked.

Hopefully others who know more will jump in on each of those, or someone who had the same stuff and redid it. On the pump side though I don't see how the threaded union shown on the parts list would fit on the pump housing threads. I'd call whoever it was purchased from to double check your pump info and the part number for the correct unions. For the skimmer the plat portion where the hose is clamped isn't a slip connection, it's tapered and is meant for a hose. However, you said your dad entirely removed that from the skimmer and no threaded PVC fitting would fit?

The return also has a threaded fitting that would have to be changed from threaded/hose to threaded/slip, right where it looks like some silicone was used. For the filter give the model info and maybe someone here knows, but it looks like the outside portion of that ball fitting could be removed and a thread/slip put there or unscrew the entire ball valve and a thread/slip directly into the filter.

You may also just need to contact the pool manufacturer to see what would fit the skimmer. I would have thought a 1 1/2 thread/slip adapter would have done it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.