I was experiencing the same symptoms mentioned in several threads with a brand new IQ20-RS upgrade:
- The iAqualink 2.0 device was connecting properly to my WiFi router (using the "hot spot" method which showed 5/5 bars)
- All the lights were on (including the green one)
- The router (a Google OnHub) saw the device and issued it a DHCP address and would occasionally see a little traffic on the device
- I had created an account and added the device
- The iAqualink "status" tab said the device was on-line and operating correctly
- Clicking on my pool would bring up the UI which would sit forever "waiting to connect"
None of the suggestions elsewhere worked (or really made any sense given the above facts).
So, I went back to the beginning and rechecked the wiring and guess what? The green wire had slipped out of the red connector! I retorqued the connections to all four wires and hey-presto the system starter working perfectly.
So, I know it seems really simple and stupid, but if you have these symptoms recheck your wiring from the iAqualink device and the red connector on the circuit board in the power center. Loose connections could be causing the intermittent problems some people are experiencing.
I gather from this experience that the "device is on-line and operating correctly" simply means that the iAqualink device is connecting to the cloud server and not that it is talking to the automation circuit board.