Cl 2.8
    pH 7.8
    TA 80
    CH 250
    CYA 80
    Salt 3400
    Temp 94
    Pool size 12.000 gallons

The K-2006 kit comes with a water balance calculator. Entering the above, I get a CSI of 0.35. I would normally add about 20 oz MA to drop pH to about 7.4 and the CSI to -0.05.

Entering all the above into Pool Math, I get a CSI of -0.07...so I'd do nothing (except bump up the Cl). Why the difference???

Thanks
    12,000 gallon, in-ground, Lunar Quartz-Bermuda finish. Pentair Intelliflo Pump and Pentair cartridge filer. Polaris 280 pool sweep. Circupool SJ40 SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor Water Balance Calculator versus Pool Math

Just as there are many theories on different methods of pool care, chlorine, bromine, UV, ozone, mineral, saltwater. There are several different scales and theories for calculating saturation indices in pool water. Some of these include CSI, LSI and Hamilton.

Here is one discussion, Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

The Taylor WaterWheel uses the saturation index (SI) which is a different scale than the CSI.

Use Pool Math to calculate CSI and follow that scale.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    The Taylor WaterWheel uses the saturation index (SI) which is a different scale than the CSI.

Use Pool Math to calculate CSI and follow that scale.
    Thanks...guess I shall have to Google what Taylor's SI is. I generally use Pool Math as a guide.
    12,000 gallon, in-ground, Lunar Quartz-Bermuda finish. Pentair Intelliflo Pump and Pentair cartridge filer. Polaris 280 pool sweep. Circupool SJ40 SWG.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by vetman85 View Post
    Thanks...guess I shall have to Google what Taylor's SI is. I generally use Pool Math as a guide.
    Very brief intro here -

https://www.taylortechnologies.com/p...alculators.pdf
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates