Intex SWG with "E.C.O." - is that copper? do I just unplug it?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
120v Krystal Clear Saltwater System Cg-28669 - Intex

(see parts tab on that page)

the thing seems to have two separate electric "thingies" (pardon the professional jargon) and I thought I read something on here about unplugging the copper "dealy" (again).

if that is what I do, should I cover the two metal prongs and the end of the plug with something or does that matter?

for clarity (as best I can) there are three wires and plugs coming off the control box - one is to the flow sensor, and the other two go to what looks like sets of metal plates at each end of the water tube. One is labeled the electolytic cell and I assume that is the chorine catayst, the other is called the E.C.O, electrodes.

No, the ECO system you posted does not use copper. The older models (like mine) use the copper bars.

I have one, live it the way it is... Good SWG for the price

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.