Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex SWG with "E.C.O." - is that copper? do I just unplug it?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex SWG with "E.C.O." - is that copper? do I just unplug it?

120v Krystal Clear Saltwater System Cg-28669 - Intex

(see parts tab on that page)

the thing seems to have two separate electric "thingies" (pardon the professional jargon) and I thought I read something on here about unplugging the copper "dealy" (again).

if that is what I do, should I cover the two metal prongs and the end of the plug with something or does that matter?

for clarity (as best I can) there are three wires and plugs coming off the control box - one is to the flow sensor, and the other two go to what looks like sets of metal plates at each end of the water tube. One is labeled the electolytic cell and I assume that is the chorine catayst, the other is called the E.C.O, electrodes.
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex SWG with "E.C.O." - is that copper? do I just unplug it?

No, the ECO system you posted does not use copper. The older models (like mine) use the copper bars.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

3. Back To Top    #3

I have one, live it the way it is... Good SWG for the price

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchap View Post
    No, the ECO system you posted does not use copper. The older models (like mine) use the copper bars.
    OK thanks! so, what is that and what does it do?

I have one, live it the way it is... Good SWG for the price
    LOVE this stuff, ingenious cheap pools!
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer