Installing commercial chlorinator

justinjay2008

In The Industry
Jul 1, 2016
Pensacola
Hi i recently started cleaning commercial pools and cant seem to get this chlorinator to work. Just curious if it is installed correctly it is hooked up only to the return lines.
f8e0d55dca4c292023b4038f5146b988.jpg
ba4c6ed60c6a3dee54fb2f9a518155b6.jpg
dcd372cf32fdd9c765d50b99c25ff422.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That is what i thought it was the that both sides are pushing with equal pressure. I didnt set it up someone else did. So my question is if i move one side closer to flow meter. Will it work?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Between the flow meter and ball valve so closing the valve just slightly would cause water to flow through the clorinator I'd think would work. Or, add a valve just beyond where it ties in one one side you could close just a bit. Do either of the two legs run to something further down that could be somewhat restricted already and may have just been opened up? Bit of re-plumbing :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/ChlorineBromineIG.pdf

The inlet line, (control valve side of feeder) connects to the plumbing between the pump and filter. The outlet side of the feeder connects to pool return line after the filter and/or heater, pool cleaner, diverter valves or any other piece of equipment (if installed).

Redoing the plumbing some to get the inlet connected after the flow meter and before the ball valve should work. Otherwise extending the outlet down to connect after some other piece of equipment. I wonder if changes were made through the years, or if whoever installed it never checked to see if it was even working. What have they been chlorinating with in the meantime?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.