Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing commercial chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Installing commercial chlorinator

Hi i recently started cleaning commercial pools and cant seem to get this chlorinator to work. Just curious if it is installed correctly it is hooked up only to the return lines.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Installing commercial chlorinator

Hi, welcome to TFP! As long as all the valves that supply the chlorinator are open the tablets should dissolve. What is the nature of the problem?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The tabs arent dissolving like they should. All valves are open and the lines arent clogged.

4. Back To Top    #4

How long is it taking for them to dissolve and how long do you run the pump?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Ummm. The return goes to a tee. Each side of the chlorinator goes to one side. Wouldn't both sides have equal pressure? How would anything ever go through the chlorinator?

And how've you been doing Justin? Good to see you! Hope you remember all that fun digging in my yard anyway, lol.
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

That is what i thought it was the that both sides are pushing with equal pressure. I didnt set it up someone else did. So my question is if i move one side closer to flow meter. Will it work?

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

No i dont remember digging in your yard.

8. Back To Top    #8

Between the flow meter and ball valve so closing the valve just slightly would cause water to flow through the clorinator I'd think would work. Or, add a valve just beyond where it ties in one one side you could close just a bit. Do either of the two legs run to something further down that could be somewhat restricted already and may have just been opened up? Bit of re-plumbing
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

9. Back To Top    #9

Can you figure out what model it is? The troubleshooting steps are different for a Hayward versus a Pentair, etc.
    20K gallon vinyl inground pool, Hayward Pro Series sand filter, 1 HP pump, Taylor K-2006

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Pentair hc 3315

11. Back To Top    #11

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/ChlorineBromineIG.pdf

The inlet line, (control valve side of feeder) connects to the plumbing between the pump and filter. The outlet side of the feeder connects to pool return line after the filter and/or heater, pool cleaner, diverter valves or any other piece of equipment (if installed).

Redoing the plumbing some to get the inlet connected after the flow meter and before the ball valve should work. Otherwise extending the outlet down to connect after some other piece of equipment. I wonder if changes were made through the years, or if whoever installed it never checked to see if it was even working. What have they been chlorinating with in the meantime?
    Scott

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

The guy previous was using liquid chlorine.

13. Back To Top    #13

Looks like some re-plumbing to me

Also, I saw your join date and you aren't the same Justin that helped tie my new equipment into the main plumbing. Maybe you should have though LOL

In any event, that plumbing is whacked.
    Scott