Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak where the valve sits on the filter. New filter. What did I do wrong?

1. Back To Top    #1

Leak where the valve sits on the filter. New filter. What did I do wrong?

What I can think of, is that I lubricated where the o ring meets the valve, but not where the valve sits on the filter. Could that of been my mistake?

It's on both sides where the clamp is tightened by the screw
    Thx

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leak where the valve sits on the filter. New filter. What did I do wrong?

The only thing it can be is the O ring is not seated properly..or it has stretched. how old is the filter and did you check the o ring for cracks in the rubber before replacing the valve.

intex ultra frame round pool 6831g totally hard plumbed with hayward variable speed pump and jandy cs150 cartridge filter... plus a solar heating roof system with a .75 onga pump and 24" sand filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Leak where the valve sits on the filter. New filter. What did I do wrong?

Filter and o ring< 18 hours old

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Leak where the valve sits on the filter. New filter. What did I do wrong?

Wow... i would definitely be checking for cracks in the o ring... just hold the ring in both hands and flex it... if the rubber is dried out you will see the cracks... hope this helps.

intex ultra frame round pool 6831g totally hard plumbed with hayward variable speed pump and jandy cs150 cartridge filter... plus a solar heating roof system with a .75 onga pump and 24" sand filter.