Spa side switch button, portion missing

glje28

Jul 2, 2016
Poway, CA
Our local birds were so excited about me replacing our Jandy spa side switch, they helped themselves to a portion of one of the button coverings. (The small, round, rubber parts with the raised number.) Since the switch is on the side of the spa, I can't think of a way to cover the unit. Is there something that I can replace the missing portion with? Some waterproof caulk, for instance? The unit is only 3 weeks old and the waterproof membrane over the actual button is intact, continuing to work fine. They never touched the one we replaced, of course. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 26
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Sorry about the delay getting back to you. I have to admit, I had no idea those switches were so much $$$! I found what appears to be a similar one HERE, but OUCH! $$$ Since your switch is working okay and it appears to be a cosmetic/protective issue, I would recommend contacting Inyopools.com. If you explain to them what happened, they may have an after-market tip to help save you a few bucks and/or to extend the life of that switch. I hope someone can help you. Thanks for visiting us at TFP.

You need to get that sealed up. I would drain the spa a little, to make sure entire switch was out of the water, or pull the button back out of the conduit a few feet so you can work on it on the deck, and blow out real good. Do this on a sunny, preferably hot day to make sure any water that got inside evaporated out. After you let that sit, get the high-temp silicone (orange) and seal it up. I would probably seal the entire button(s) affected to the hard plastic. Might even want to remove the flap on button #2 to make sure you get the water out of that one too.

Probably the hardest part of the whole repair is making sure you get all the water out of it because once you seal it up, it is in there!

Compressed air maybe?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.