Intex Easy Set 10x 30" Pool

Jul 2, 2016
Stillwater, MN
My husband set up a Intex 10x30" easy set pool for our kids last weekend but hasn't added any chemicals since we were unsure what exactly we needed. After doing some calculations I believe we have a little less then 1,500 gallons. I read on Amazon some people use a chlorine tab. dispenser for this size pool and I've read a few threads on here saying you can use bleach instead of chlorine, but how does one determine the amount needed? Also since the pool has been up for a week already without chemicals do we need to empty it and start over? This is the first time we have had a pool that doesn't get emptied after each use so any insight to maintaining a pool like this would be greatly appreciated!

Once you have a reliable testing kit, you can plug the results into http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html and it will tell you how much of each chemical you need. A small pool like yours will need to start off with just bleach and maybe a little CYA. Even if you don't add CYA, 3/4 of a cup of plain, unscented bleach per day will keep it chlorinated. You will need to test the pH, that will tell you if you need either borax or baking soda.

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry will give you more information on basic pool chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.