BBQ Island's San Francisco Style

Aug 31, 2008
Ok, so I finally got started on my BBQ islands with the help from my brother. They have been in the works for 6+ years, been completely designed for the last 5 years and all the materials have been sitting on my patio for over a year :( You have to love work. Anyways, I am building 3 Islands in my back yard. The 1st Island is the main BBQ Island with my Fire Magic Elite 50 Grill. It is 45 degrees off the corner of the house and has two wings each parallel to the house. The 2nd island is a 10' serving island with storage underneath. The final island wraps around the house behind the BBQ Island. This one will have Trash & Recycling, a Sink with hot and cold water, my Fire Magic Power Burner for my Wok, space for a fridge and space for my Cookshack Smoker.

We started last weekend on building the BBQ Island last weekend. We started with a base of Trek ripped down and steel studs. From there it was sided with 1/4" Hardibacker and topped with 1/2" hardibacker. The top will be slab granite and the sides will be stucco. The two of us put about 40 man hours into the first one but I think it came out really nice. The other two should hopefully go pretty quick. Should have the granite on later this week and I'll post some updated pictures.

Thanks
Chris

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

Wow. You are off to a great start and very fast. I am not sure I could have stood having all the materials and not starting on the it. That grill looks amazing.

Keep the pics of the grogress coming.

Brad

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.