Jandy PDA not controlling Aquapure SWG

Hi,

I've had an issue within the last couple of weeks where my PDA will no longer control the SWG chlorine production. It still controls the pump and cleaner programs, but when the pump is running, the chlorine production shows 00%.

This is strange, because I can still choose boost mode on the PDA and get the SWG into boost mode. This is how I've been keeping the pool chlorinated, but it requires me remembering to do it every morning!

I've cleared the memory on the PDA, reset the control panel at the breaker, replaced the PDA battery - at this point I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, and have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!

Dan

Welcome to TFP :)

Sorry no one has been able to help yet, it is a long weekend :) maybe someone will see it this week and be able to help..

Your best bet is to separate the Aquapure from the controller and make sure the salt system is working correctly by itself. If so, then it may be the communication wires or the PDA/Controller that's causing the problems. Sometimes all it takes is for one of the communication wires to break. These are usually single core wires, rather than stranded. Single core wires can easily break if bent back and forth a few times.

The sensor communicates with RS6 controller, but the controller doesn't communicate sensor readings to/from the PDA. If I change % from the PDA, it has no affect on the controller. When the system shuts off for the night, the aquapure resets itself to 5% according to controller display so I have to put in service mode and manually increase each morning. Where are the communication wires located and is that something that can be repaired?

Hi there. I know this is an older thread but I'm having this exact problem and unable to to find the solution. From the console (the Aqualink RS Panel) the aquapure works fine when I place it in service mode. But when in automatic mode, the hand held remote wont turn it on (even though is allows me to set a %). Also, the pool temp and salinity level don't display on the hand held remote but do on the panel display. So I don't think it a sensor, but most likely a data communication issue. No error codes are showing either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brad

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.