Help my pool has gone green

AzBlk

Sep 26, 2008
Help Am new here my pool just crapped out on me. Was out of town for 5 days to return to a extremely green pool. It was crystal clear when I left. Need an action plan
This is what it looked like 5 to 10 days ago.

3565006443_22c25d00cf.jpg

3565007703_640d677a42.jpg

3565009063_dc9160434e.jpg

This is what I found today:
3565820356_bd3ed751e1.jpg

3565820958_2d83cecbb6.jpg

3565004131_9bed4078e1.jpg

AzBlk said:
Help Am new here my pool just crapped out on me. Was out of town for 5 days to return to a extremely green pool. It was crystal clear when I left. Need an action plan. This is what it looked like 5 to 10 days ago.
3565006443_22c25d00cf.jpg

This is what I found today:
3565820356_bd3ed751e1.jpg
Before you go any further you need to read Jason's "Turn your swamp into a sparking oasis"... http://www.troublefreepool.com/turning-your-green-swamp-back-into-a-sparking-oasis-t4147.html

When you've read it, please post your water readings. We're glad to help, but can't offer much help without knowing what's going on.

This is workable!
Was the pump running while you were gone?
What test kit are you using to check you water?
Please put the pool information (size, type, etc.), filter type, pump size, water features, chlorination methods, etc. in your postings (-> control panel, ->profile, ->edit segnature).
That way we won't keep asking...

AzBlk said:
Thank you very much I read those posts and I hit it hard with shock. I seems the algae is dead/dying but those water is now very cloudy but blue again.
In addition to running your pump 24x7 you'll need to brush several times a day.
Please post your water readings...
Please put the pool information (size, type, etc.), filter type, pump size, water features, chlorination methods, etc. in your postings (-> control panel, ->profile, ->edit segnature).
Please post your water readings.
By doing that we may be able to help you adjust your water so that you don't come home to a "greenie-meanie" again :mrgreen: .

Before you go any further you need to read Jason's "Turn your swamp into a sparking oasis"... http://www.troublefreepool.com/turning-your-green-swamp-back-into-a-sparking-oasis-t4147.html

When you've read it, please post your water readings. We're glad to help, but can't offer much help without knowing what's going on.

This is workable!
That way we won't keep asking...
Signature edited to include pool information. Yes pump was on a 4 hour timer should have been running. We had a bad storm when I was gone and maybe that was part of the problem. I dont have a test kit, take water to pool store

Thank God for this forum. The pool is getting better but still needs a lot of work.
24 hours after first shocking:

3577671308_7ca0443b25.jpg

3577671956_7556a44e73.jpg

48 hours later:

3576865481_f0b709cc68.jpg

3577669962_d0b387c22e.jpg

3577670584_80126637bd.jpg

Still adding shock every 6 hours and taking water to pool store once a day.

These are the latest test results. Pool is looking better but its just not getting there quick enough.

FC - 2.5 ppm
CC - 0.0 ppm
TC - 2.5 ppm
CYA - 25 ppm
pH - 7.6

Is there anything else I can do besides add shock and keep testing. I need a big bottle of POP.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree, keep shocking!

It didn't turn green over night, and it's not gonna clear over night. Crack open the POP, sit back and relax! It'll be beautiful once again!

AzBlk said:
Signature edited to include pool information. Yes pump was on a 4 hour timer should have been running. We had a bad storm when I was gone and maybe that was part of the problem. I dont have a test kit, take water to pool store

You really need to look at getting a good test kit. It may seem like a lot of money for the full tftestkit, but it's worth every penny, easily pays for itself with just the frustration it will save you.

Randy

Ditto to Randy's comments. :goodjob:

The best investment we made in our pool is the test kit. It has saved us many, many $$ and put us in control of our pool.

I highly recommend the TF100 from http://www.tftestkits.net. Not only is it one of the two most recommended, it is a better bang for the $$, A-1 service, and duraleigh, the owner, is always around to help with any testing issues.

Do yourself and your pool a big favor and order one. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.