Good Maytronics Robotic Cleaner?

Jun 5, 2016
Ohio
Hi All,
I'm new to the pool world. 4 weeks in, and have been learning allot from this site. So Thank you all for the great information. But I'd like to ask, what is a good recommended robotic pool to purchase? I have a 30,000 Gallon pool, and my budget it anywhere from $500-$1,200. I don't want to just buy the most expensive one if it's not worth it, I've been trying to navigate through Maytronic''s website to compare and understand, but geez their site is confusing. I saw on Amazon that the Dolphin 99996323 Dolphin Nautilus, is their best seller, is that worth the purchase or if I pay a little more, I'll get something better? What is everyone's experience, and why did they choose that model?

All advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
AliG

Welcome! There is no "best" robot cleaner. Plus, most people have not had first hand experience with all the manufacturers and all the models in that line. As you pay more, you get more features, such as caddy, remote or mobile control, top access for filtration, dual filtration, water line scrubbing, etc.

Everyone that has a robot loves it, I have not heard a single owner hate the robot. Just a much better cleaner than side suction or booster. For me, the features I wanted the most was easy access to filter, water line scrubbing, basket filter (did not want a bag at all). I have the s300i, which is the top of the dolphin s line. I love love love my robot but it is also more than your stated budget all in. Most people will recommend their own current robot as that is what they have experience with so you always have to take recs with a grain of salt, including mine :). Just read as much as you can in this subforum and you'll probably just have to take a chance on a model.

I don't know if you have a dealer near you but remember that most dolphins need to be purchased through an authorized dealer for warranty registration. There are some models that have been rebadged to a different name that will have warranty through Internet sales, but do your research. Also, if you do have an authorized dealer near you, some will let you take home and demo a model. My local dealer let me demo a s300i and I bought it the next day!

Hi Ocgasman,
Thank you for your reply, so my best bet is to go to a dealer. Luckly there is one about 10 miles from me, and according to the Maytronics website, he sells the DX line. I guess I'll read up and see which DX line is worth it. Anyone with experience on the DX Line? :)

Thanks for the advice, I went to the pool dealer today and they only had the active 20, got it for $900, plus the caddy for additional $150. I could've ordered the active 30I but I honestly don't see myself using the remote control feature. So did I pay too much or is that the going rate for the A20.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.