Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North DFW 4th of July weekend start

1. Back To Top    #1

North DFW 4th of July weekend start

I've been lurking here ever since we decided to build a pool and trying to learn as much as I can. Was on the way to work this morning when I got a call saying the dig was happening today in like 20-30 minutes. LOL - uhm ok. See you there! Anyway, the crew was great and those guys friggen work hard. And they went on to go do another dig after ours. Ouch.

So, I do have a couple of questions. Our pool will be 34 feet long go from 3'6" to 6'6". I'm guessing they probably dug seven or eight at the deep end. After the crew left I noticed the soil in they deep end turning a darker color and when I checked half an our later, a puddle had begun to form. An hour or two later it was several inches deep. I would like to know if this is normal or something I should be concerned about? We have a lot of clay in our soil and they will be doing soil injections next week to stabilize it somewhat.
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    Pool: Inground Shotcrete, Stonescapes Mini Pebble surface - Tahoe Blue. 19,800 gallons, fee-form, attached spa. Perimeter = 94 Depth = 3'6"-6'6" ft.
    Equipment: All Pentair equipment, SWG, DE Filter w/separation tank. IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump w/freeze Protect Easy Touch 8 Computer Controller and Salt Chlorine Generator w/ I Phone "ScreenLogic"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: North DFW 4th of July weekend start

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here That's going to be a nice pool.

Don't worry. Water seeping in is very common. Thirty minute's notice is a bit uncommon, lol. I got 12 hour's notice, haha
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, I can take a pleasant surprise like that any day! It wouldn't surprise me if they could not get in touch with some else due to the holiday weekend and we essentially moved up in line.
    Pool: Inground Shotcrete, Stonescapes Mini Pebble surface - Tahoe Blue. 19,800 gallons, fee-form, attached spa. Perimeter = 94 Depth = 3'6"-6'6" ft.
    Equipment: All Pentair equipment, SWG, DE Filter w/separation tank. IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump w/freeze Protect Easy Touch 8 Computer Controller and Salt Chlorine Generator w/ I Phone "ScreenLogic"

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm jealous!!! My PB called me yesterday and I was hoping that was the reason, but it was not. Lol

Looking forward to watching your build. Congratulations on the start!
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

5. Back To Top    #5

How did your dig hold up yesterday?

Mine was dug on Thursday. A little piece of the wall collapsed in. Not terrible tho.

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats on your new pool. I am in North Texas as well (Flower Mound). What builder did you go with? Which ones did you rule out? Any info appreciated. I have 6 bids, have definitely ruled out 1 builder and am waiting on 2 more bids.
    Pool Information: In the process of finding a builder.

7. Back To Top    #7

It held up ok..definitely some washout. One of the Italian Cypress didn't make it. It could have been worse. We got pounded by that storm. The worst of it was about 5:00-5:30 am.

Hoping that whatever is rolling through right now won't mess it up anymore.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by neverenough View Post
    Congrats on your new pool. I am in North Texas as well (Flower Mound). What builder did you go with? Which ones did you rule out? Any info appreciated. I have 6 bids, have definitely ruled out 1 builder and am waiting on 2 more bids.
    We decided to go with Joy pools. They have done quite a bit of work in our neighborhood and we felt pretty comfortable with them.

9. Back To Top    #9

Sorry about your tree. that storm dumped some rain pretty fast. I live in Frisco and we got just over 1" at our house in about 1 1/2 hrs Sunday morning. This morning/last night we didn't get anything at our home.
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

10. Back To Top    #10

I hope you saved the tree! A bit of TLC and some wire to the fence ought to do it. Glad the rain didn't hit the dig too hard and I'm sure your builder knows how to keep everything on track.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by golfnguitarz View Post
    I've been lurking here ever since we decided to build a pool and trying to learn as much as I can. Was on the way to work this morning when I got a call saying the dig was happening today in like 20-30 minutes. LOL - uhm ok. See you there! Anyway, the crew was great an
    Did any contractors get out to your house yet? I got chemical injections, but the Steel guys are still lagging behind. I am hoping they can come tomorrow.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
    Did any contractors get out to your house yet? I got chemical injections, but the Steel guys are still lagging behind. I am hoping they can come tomorrow.
    Yes, finally had some one out today to do the soil injections. Sounds like we are on a similar schedule. Supposedly steel and plumbing next. The equipment arrived Tuesday.
    who is your PB?

13. Back To Top    #13

Hauk.

14. Back To Top    #14

How did your pool hold up with the rain? I am at my family's house so I'm worried! I have steel and plumbing. I'm sure it's fine.

15. Back To Top    #15

Had steel put in last week and plumbing finished today.

- - - Updated - - -

Only regret so far is that I wish we had gone bigger. The tanning ledge eats up alot of swimming area. But something tells me they may not want to drag the excavator back out. Anyway, here's a shot of the pump system.

16. Back To Top    #16

That is our one regret as well... I wish it was 5 feet longer because the tanning ledge eats up 5 feet. However, I think I will wait to make final judgement until the water is in.

17. Back To Top    #17

Your rebar crew does nice work. Neat, consistant spacing, good support. Looks good!

18. Back To Top    #18

I guess we are in the "Grin and bear it" stage. The 6-8 week estimate finds us at week 10 and there is quite a bit of work to go. I am thinking it will be week 12 before we are swimming. Family is bummed, but I am guessing its not unusual. Some people will say anything to get you to sign.

19. Back To Top    #19

Bummer on the waiting. Doesn't it feel so much bigger after the dig? I definitely wish we would have gone bigger, but I still love our pool.

Fontana, CA, started 7/26 completed 8/31, IG pool/spa/slide/waterfall/grotto 17,000 gallons, pentair quad 100, pentair mastertemp 400,000 BTU, Intelliflo VS 3HP, Easytouch 8 w/ IC40, screenlogic 2, 2 5g color LED pool lights, 5g color LED spa light, TF-100

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by bcampbell View Post
    Bummer on the waiting. Doesn't it feel so much bigger after the dig? I definitely wish we would have gone bigger, but I still love our pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I really thought they would have marked it at least a day ahead or so. That way we could kind of judge the size a little better. But we had about five minutes between the marking and when the excavator tore into it! Those guys don't fool around. Plus the tanning ledge eats up alot of space inside the pool. I wish we had gone bigger, but oh well. The one thing we did do right was get as much deck as we could afford. And the tanning ledge is gonna be great for the little ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast