Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Compool Err 1

1. Back To Top    #1

Compool Err 1

I have a Compool Cp3600 and I'm getting an Err1 (bad water temp sensor). Looking at the outdoor control panel, the lights are on for both water and solar temp sensors. I checked wiring and things look OK.

i bought a new temp sensor, installed, and it still shows Err1. This is the red/black set, not the red/green. I had the red/green (part number TS-5L) but was told this one (part 520272) was the replacement for it. Also noticed that the size of the sensors that goes in the water is different.

No local place stocks the TS-5L version. Are they incompatible even though they're supposed to be replacement parts? Anything I should be worried about that both water and solar sensor warning lights are on?

thanks for the help.
    steve

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Compool Err 1

They are not compatible. You need the TS-5L replacement.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. Found someone local that stocked the red/green version. Installed and now my err 1 is cleared... But now I'm showing an err 2 (solar sensor) matched by the red light on the control panel. OK, know how to fix this except it looks like the temp sensor is on the roof where the pool solar is.

Is this typical? Do I need to replace the one on the roof (not easy access) or is there a way to bypass it? Can I drill a hole on the return side of the line on the ground and install the new temp sensor there or will that cause problems?

thanks,
    steve

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Yes you can place it on the return line closer to the control unit so you can access it.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,