Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex ultra-frame owner-looking for auto vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex ultra-frame owner-looking for auto vacuum

So I've modified the return to Hayward and added a skimmer. I have an intex sand filter on my 18' agp and I'm looking for an automatic vacuum. I like the Polaris return side and I just came across a zodiac ranger on craigslist. Any suggestions or opinions? I read a review on the ranger in which the reviewer said they had heard that a ranger will harm a pool with wrinkles (I have a few small ones) and that they can't be used in intex soft sided pools (though I read another review of an intex owner that had one). So now I'm pretty conflicted. Any first hand experiences? Thanks in advance!

18'x48" Intex 14" Intex sand filter est. 7100 gallons- Winterized 2015-16 with success! added Skimmer 2016.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex ultra-frame owner-looking for auto vacuum

I use the Hayward 900 (Wanda thw whale) on my 18ft intex ultra frame. I works great!
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks

18'x48" Intex 14" Intex sand filter est. 7100 gallons- Winterized 2015-16 with success! added Skimmer 2016.

4. Back To Top    #4

FYI, bought a used zodiac ranger. I can adjust the flow on the second line I have so that the ranger works well. Biggest problem is I cant keep air from getting to the pump but enough water is flowing that everything is still working ok.