OK! We moved to Tn. Last Nov. Nice house, AWSOME, back. We couldn't wait to get it ucovered.
Pulled the cover, thing was lil worse than I thought, but the other people were rarely here. Not my 1st pool, had beautiful Kayak, 2 other nice above grounds. Loved the chemistry, watching the kids, sparking water, OH wait those were those nasty CHLORINE!! I have never had so mush trouble with a pool in my life! We shocked, skimmed vacumed, backwashed, till that bad boy was sparkling, THEN added our 17 bags of salt, flipped the switch, bubbles in the SWC, good to go. That all lasted a month. So I KNOW, the cell has a life, and it is about 6ish, just first yr. here, had other stuff on our plate. Did homework, took it apart, cleaned, box lit up, LOW SALT??!! We just took a sample in to the pool place, got pool house (LAB)
salt water strips, (don't trust LED lites) Ph, alkalinity, Cy, ah you guys get it, but biggest pool I ever had, and hey!! It's SALT WATER!!, Got 21+ yr. old granddaughter here now from out of state, she loved the pics of that Blue water we sent, kids coming from Wv Oh Chi town, to swim in a teal cloudy pool.
Started with heavy rain, no salt no chlorine. Put in more salt, then the 90deg hit, and so did algie.
Back to VAC, SHOCK, shut cell down, rebalance, we are making Chlorine!! Took sample form jet in pool, then deep end. A whopping.05!! So that's me, I'm either taking it of, getting floater, realistically Chlorinaor.