help with texas heat

Jun 18, 2016
teague,tx
Hey i need some advice ive looked everywhere but cant seem to find what the best ranges for my pool should be. I need to know what my cya and chlorine level should be when dealing with this kinda heat. I live in central texas and it is 97 and up everyday with the heat index its always over 100 daily. I kniw the range for cya is 30 to 50 and i know where the chart is to show me what chlorine level should be to match up with cya but in these extreme temps what would u say is the cya level i should try to stay at i started off with 30 and it doesnt seem like it protects my chlorine now ive uped it to 40 and i will start off the morni g with 5 by the time i get home from work its at 1 please help if u can thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also my water is not green in fact pool looks very nice but the daily loss of chlorine is killing me im having to pour a whole bottle of bleach in everyday just to keep up with the heat

As long as you are sure your pool is algae-free and your FC loss is due to sun loss, you can raise that CYA up a little higher. My CYA is currently at 60-70 to help fight-off that intense sun UV. Therefore I keep my FC between 6-8, sometimes bump it up to 9 if there's a heavy swim day ahead. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.