Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help with texas heat

1. Back To Top    #1

help with texas heat

Hey i need some advice ive looked everywhere but cant seem to find what the best ranges for my pool should be. I need to know what my cya and chlorine level should be when dealing with this kinda heat. I live in central texas and it is 97 and up everyday with the heat index its always over 100 daily. I kniw the range for cya is 30 to 50 and i know where the chart is to show me what chlorine level should be to match up with cya but in these extreme temps what would u say is the cya level i should try to stay at i started off with 30 and it doesnt seem like it protects my chlorine now ive uped it to 40 and i will start off the morni g with 5 by the time i get home from work its at 1 please help if u can thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also my water is not green in fact pool looks very nice but the daily loss of chlorine is killing me im having to pour a whole bottle of bleach in everyday just to keep up with the heat
    16x32x52 rectangular vinyl above ground 15000gal
    2hp hayward proflow pump sandfilter
    Ph 7.2
    Ta 70
    Cya 40 tc 1

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: help with texas heat

As long as you are sure your pool is algae-free and your FC loss is due to sun loss, you can raise that CYA up a little higher. My CYA is currently at 60-70 to help fight-off that intense sun UV. Therefore I keep my FC between 6-8, sometimes bump it up to 9 if there's a heavy swim day ahead. Hope that helps.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: help with texas heat

Yep---------60 CYA and adjust FC accordingly. I still lose 4 ppm daily.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!