Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: question about TF-100 Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool question about TF-100 Test Kit

Hello........

I think I have an easy question to ask (but, obviously still too complicated for me ....... I just received my TF-100 Test Kit and was reading the material.
    Under "Weekly Tests (or as needed)", it says in step 2 of the Chlorine Drop Test to "add one heaping scoop of the R-0870 powder" ...... then says the exact amount is not important. The container of R-0870 powder is 10 grams ....... can someone how they measure out a proper amount for a test??
    Thanks so much,
    Paul L.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: question about TF-100 Test Kit

Paul, Here ya go. Hold the blue spoon by the flat end. Dip it into the power with out dumping or leveling any of the powder out. The powder should be slightly rounded on the top.

If you KNOW you have FC in the water and it turns pink you added enough. IF it does not turn pink then add some more powder.

How are the other tests going?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Kim.......

Thank you......the kit doesn't say anything about that scoop.....I didn't even see it until you mentioned it and I went looking for it.
    I haven't performed any tests with the kit yet......I had just opened it and was reading the material.........I feel like a little kid with his first chemistry set......I can't wait to start testing

Thanks again
    Paul

4. Back To Top    #4

That DOES make sense then. If you do not see the little scoop you would NOT know how much to add. Glad I could help!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by paull View Post
    ......I feel like a little kid with his first chemistry set......I can't wait to start testing

Paul
    I've noticed over the last couple of years that this is the first step of becoming a pool snob. Welcome to the club!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump