Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool SJor RJ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool SJor RJ?

Seems like a lot of you guys are using the RJ series rather than the SJ... is there any reason why I would NEED/WANT the RJ series to justify spending an extra $300?
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circupool SJor RJ?

The SJ has a basic controller and the output can only be adjusted in 20% increments. The RJ has a more advanced controller and they also offer the RJ+ which has a cell that should last longer than the RJ cells.

Which size are you thinking of getting?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    The SJ has a basic controller and the output can only be adjusted in 20% increments. The RJ has a more advanced controller and they also offer the RJ+ which has a cell that should last longer than the RJ cells.

Which size are you thinking of getting?
    I'm looking at the SJ-40. I saw the RJ+ which is an additional $100

The SJ-40 is $750 on Amazon at the moment. The RJ45 is $1100 and the RJ45+ is $1200

or a Compu pool for CPX48 for $800 which is for a 60k pool then i'll have the extended life as well but not the 5 year warranty, only 2.
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

4. Back To Top    #4

You should check out these.
    CaliMar Titanium Edition Salt Chlorine Generator for Inground Pools | Up to 60,000 Gallons | 7-Year Warranty | CMARSCT60-7Y
    Its a rebranded circupool but cheaper. Seems like a great deal. I wish i saw this before i bought mine from circupool.

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool Details: 25,440 Gal IG Vinyl 21x40 Mountain Pond (Graphex)
    Filter: Hayward Micro-Clear DE (48 Sq Ft)
    Pump: 1.5 HP Super Pump w/ 1.5 EcoTech VS Motor
    SWG: Circupool Si45
    Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820

6. Back To Top    #6

Stay away from CompuPool products.

You will have a lot more control with the CircuPool RJ or RJ+ units over the SJ's.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

It looks like the Calimar Titanium Editions are made by Compupool, in a Circupool housing, with transformer/main board as the same in the CPX/CPSC series.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown View Post
    It looks like the Calimar Titanium Editions are made by Compupool, in a Circupool housing, with transformer/main board as the same in the CPX/CPSC series.
    And everything I'm reading says run the other way.

9. Back To Top    #9

I thought compupool made the circupool also.

10. Back To Top    #10

circupool and compupool used to be affiliated. Not anymore. since the split, circupool's reputation and product seems to have gone way up, while compupool's has stayed very low.

lots of good reviews about circupool products on here. read them. all SWG have pros and cons. only your situation and research can help you know whats right for you.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by wmmallette View Post
    circupool and compupool used to be affiliated. Not anymore. since the split, circupool's reputation and product seems to have gone way up, while compupool's has stayed very low.

lots of good reviews about circupool products on here. read them. all SWG have pros and cons. only your situation and research can help you know whats right for you.
    The RJ-g series may be still affiliated with Compupool. Calimar Titanium edition by Compupool looks like the Circupool unit, may have different internals/transformer unit. Looks like the RJ series have two different versions one with a flow switch and one without.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmirav View Post
    I thought compupool made the circupool also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

12. Back To Top    #12

They look the same as on the circupool website. I have the older rj45 model. Ive had a few problems but were addressed with warranty. It doesnt seem to produce as much chlorine as they state but im still satisfied with it. Probably would have bought the rj60.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by wmmallette View Post

That is correct! CircuPool severed the relationship with CompuPool in the fall of 2012, four years ago! Please do not confuse the two companies.
    Don Uhle, Discount Salt Pool

14. Back To Top    #14

FWIW: I ended up with an RJ45 for my 20k gallon pool. I have it running @ 25% and have no problem maintaining clear water @ about 4ppm FC.

At 50% I went into shock level in 3 weeks.
    SF Bay