Clogged skimmer?

Jun 30, 2016
Warrington, Pa
We are super new so please don't mind the potentially stupid question and wrong terminology. I'm trying!! We are using a pool vaccuum through the skimmer. They told us it would suck the tube right in but there's not a lot of suction. I pulled the basket out and noticed it looks like there are two holes but one is completely clogged. This is the same on both skimmers. Is this supposed to be like that or is that why my suction sucks ;) haha

Ha! Often the pipe closest to the pool is plugged. The pipe away from the pool goes to the pump. What is the pressure on the filter now? What is the clean pressure? When is the last time it was backwashed? Do you know how? Do you have DE? Do you have the manual so you know how much to add?

More here, Pool School - Maintenance and Cleaning of Pool Filters

Ok that is the one that's plugged. So that's ok? Pressure was 10 but I still felt very little suction. Maybe I'm just expecting too much. I have a DE filter and we back washed it the other day. We have pre measured bags thankfully!

- - - Updated - - -

For reference when we add the DE powder it takes a while to go down. It's not sucked down quickly. Not sure of that's normal. It just seems to have very little suction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.