My RJ-60 Plus Install

MouseMan54

May 18, 2016
Riverside, CA
Another user asked to see this once I got it done, so I'm posting it. Nothing particularly fancy or pretty. I usually link things to be neat, straight and trimmed out but I inherited this equipment and best I can tell when they installed ~12 years ago they just did what was easy. One thing that really bugs me is they cut up the deck to do new plumbing and did 1.5 with just one return, a suction/sweep intake and skimmer. Abandoned bottom drain. I would preferred a setup that could move more water around more of the pool. Anyway, the equipment is out of side, all by itself so I don't have to stare at this. Hence, I got it installed as simply as possible.

A new filter and/or pump are still on the horizon so I will likely clean up the electrical, plumbing and arrangement at that point.

(Note: After the link opens you can click on the pic for a larger view.)

Here's where I started:
1.png

This is installed:
2.png

Another view:
3.png

All hooked up. Like I mentnioned I'm not really proud of the wire management, etc.
4.png

Finally got this done as well so I can work on lowering my TA:
6.png

jblizzle,
I finally updated this... :sleep:

I really wasn't interested in the other image hosting solutions. I tried PhotoBucket based on the suggestion here on TFP and IMO, it sucked. Site was terribly slooooowwwww. Ads, ads, ads! Unusable really. Maybe it's better if you pay. Besides, I wasn't really interested in another site I had to log into. I tried to make Google Photos work. They don't allow direct links for embedding. You can still use Picasa Web but that will go eventually too. I next tried One Drive. I use OneDrive for Business as I have a small O365 enrollment for my family email. OneDrive for Business also does not allow direct links for embedding. (Interestingly enough OneDrive personal does, if anyone is interested.)

At any rate... I was able to make it work with DropBox (see above). I already use DropBox so that worked for me. You have to tweak their links, but if anyone is interested on how just let me know.

One other note... it's a trade off. I get not wanting to click links, especially since you don't know the trustworthiness of them... but I get tired of scrolling. To each their own!

So, for me it is about time and the sheer number of posts I read. If I had to click out of the site for every pic in a thread then I wouldn't be able to read or respond to half as many, or less, posts for help. I skip clicking the links, too. When I am reading well over 100 posts per day it is very significant.

Not to just bash you and your pics! Just putting it into the universe. :)

I can see the pics. Congrats on the SWG. :thumleft:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.