Algae on the bottom of AG pool

Newerabs

Jul 22, 2015
Eaton Rapids
Hello,

I was gone for a couple weeks for work and my wife did her best to upkeep the pool but when I got back it was pretty bad :/
The first thing I did was SLAM and the water is looking MUCH clearer now BUT I the floor of the pool is covered in dark green algae. I tried to vacuum it up but it only made a dent. It seems to be stuck pretty good!
I don't currently have a brush but I can buy one from Wal-Mart if needed. I'm wondering if there is a chemical or something I can put in to help eat up that algae?

Any help is appreciated!

Don't have a brush??

A brush is a required tool for proper pool care!

I brush my walls at least every couple days and hit the floor 1-2 times a week. You must brush the surface to tear up and expose fresh algae, that allows the chlorine to attack and kill it. To do a real good job you probably need to just get right in there and brush, then vac up the stuff you get loose. Probably won't be a one time process to get rid of this. I would keep the FC level on the upper end, does not sound like you are truly done with your SLAM.

You have a good test kit, no it's time to read the directions on SLAMing your pool in the How To section of Pool School and follow that procedure completely to the end.

• CC is 0.5 or lower;
  • You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
  • The water is clear.

When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.