Thinking about LED lights

coog61

Nov 6, 2009
Richmond, TX
I'm using a Easy Touch 8 control panel (8 yrs old) with the standard 500W white lights (which have failed). Generally what is involved in upgrading to LEDs? Other than the bulbs, any new equipment? Should I stay with Pentair?

Thanks

Pentair is not going just have a replacement bulb I do not think ... their LED lights are a sealed enclosure that would require pulling out the old fixture and pulling the wires.

By far the simplest thing to do is buy a LED bulb (and new seal) and put it in your existing fixture. If you go with one of the color bulbs, you can change the color and modes by cycling the power.

I have the Colorsplash 3G.

I was looking at the Colorsplash but found one on Amazon for $60 that has worked great for this season so far. There is no remote but the LED colors are amazing and can be cycled to different light shows or solid colors by flipping the switch.

Just screw it in. I also changed the housing gasket.
e2bf4294f7d3324c2817086b3824c768.png
a111235c6ee581ea132fc251baf684e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.