Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thinking about LED lights

1. Back To Top    #1
    Richmond, TX

Thinking about LED lights

I'm using a Easy Touch 8 control panel (8 yrs old) with the standard 500W white lights (which have failed). Generally what is involved in upgrading to LEDs? Other than the bulbs, any new equipment? Should I stay with Pentair?

17,500 Gallon, SWG 33' x 21' freeform w/ Sunstone Cobalt Plaster. Attached 6 X 6 Spa raised 12" w/ 6 Jets with Moss Rock Spillover. 25' Moss Rock Waterfall. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 for Pool, 2 HP Whisperflo for Waterfall, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge 320, Pentair 400K BTU Max-E-Therm heater, Pentair Intellichor, Pentair EasyTouch 4P, Pentair Legend Platinum Cleaner w/ 3/4 hp pump, autofill system, nat gas fire pit. BBB convert

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Thinking about LED lights

Pentair is not going just have a replacement bulb I do not think ... their LED lights are a sealed enclosure that would require pulling out the old fixture and pulling the wires.

By far the simplest thing to do is buy a LED bulb (and new seal) and put it in your existing fixture. If you go with one of the color bulbs, you can change the color and modes by cycling the power.

I have the Colorsplash 3G.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

San Antonio

Re: Thinking about LED lights

I was looking at the Colorsplash but found one on Amazon for $60 that has worked great for this season so far. There is no remote but the LED colors are amazing and can be cycled to different light shows or solid colors by flipping the switch.

Just screw it in. I also changed the housing gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt in San Antonio
    10,000 gallon IG plaster
    Pentair Intelliflow 2VS 3hp 3/4 hp booster pump
    Hayward C-1100 Cartridge Filter
    Sunluway 18w Color changing led light