Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lowering temperature/ Aeration

1. Back To Top    #1

Lowering temperature/ Aeration

Hello,

Day three of pool ownership! This is more involved than I imagined! Doing ok with chemicals. My issue is our water has gone from about 78 to 85 degrees in three days. What can I expect in DFW area? I would like to get it back to around 80 if possible. Is aeration the answer? We have 2 sheer descents. Should I try running them at night or try to attach an aerator? How do you attach an aerator? I'm concerned about the energy use to run the descents all night.
    27,400 IG pebble, 60 sq ft DE, 2HP variable pump, 2 sheer descents on 1HP booster pump, Polaris 280 Cleaner, well and softened well water, built 6/16

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lowering temperature/ Aeration

Welcome to TFP!!

Sure you could run the descents at night or try to hook up an aerator. Remember it will drive the pH up too.

It really should not require much involvement.
    What are you testing your water with?
    How are you chlorinating?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

If your pool is more shallow, such as a sports pool, folks say they get swampy warm feeling in the hottest part of summer. Running a fountain overnight can help a lot.

Skippy made one for us and it lowered the temp 5 degrees in a day. Take a look at Skippy's fountain- link in siggy line.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you!
    27,400 IG pebble, 60 sq ft DE, 2HP variable pump, 2 sheer descents on 1HP booster pump, Polaris 280 Cleaner, well and softened well water, built 6/16