EcoTech VS energy usage

acamato

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2008
Long Island, NY
A couple of years ago I replaced my failing Super Pump motor with a EcoTech VS motor. I recently installed a energy meter on my pool/pond circuit. The meter is integrated with my Smartthings hub and the charts are done using Initial State.

Pond running (24 hr/day) - 210W
Pump running 100% - 1200W (990W pump only) approx 45 gpm
Pump running 50% - 340W (130W pump only approx 20 gpm
SWG 195 W

GPM readings are from a flow-viz flowmeter.

I didn't realize how much energy the pump saves.

The top chart is my pond and pool energy usage over 24 hrs. The pump runs at 100% for two mins then drops to 50%. The SWG powers up with the pump via a relay and current switch.

On a other note, my kids left the cover open on our hot tub last night, look at the spike in energy usage on the bottom chart.

37cc8be9c89a4c70d2c4d22c552aa80c.jpg

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

that is great, I have one but have not got it working yet, I need more Zwave devices to connect my pump, seems it is too far..

I have a Aeon Labs home energy monitor on the breaker (in my main panel) that feeds my pool panel. My pool panel powers my pond and pool (pump, SWG, light and a outlet that I use for outdoor string lights). I have a z-wave relays that I want to wire into the outlet and pool light switch. I hope it is close enough to get a signal.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.