Am I doing something wrong?

Jun 11, 2015
O'Fallon, MO
Background: Didn't open pool until a couple of weeks ago, then realized my sand tank cap was off so lost water after putting in CYA. Found cap, refilled pool, tested & adjusted. Scooped thousands of tadpoles out & have kept pool at shock level for this entire time, keeping pump on recirculating during the cap snafu. I've really only been filtering since last Sunday, so that's 5 days. Tested CYA Wednesday & got a reading of a little over 20 so circulated some more then per pool math. Here are my numbers & a picture today:

FC: 10 (adjusted back up before posting per pool math)
CC: 1
pH: 7.5
TA: 130
CH: 0
CYA: adjusted to 35 on Thursday, but did have some rain & have backwashed 5 X since then.

I STILL can't see bottom of pool & I lost my vacuum head in the water :(. I can see halfway down now & couldn't see that last week so I know I'm making some progress. What should I be expecting? I think I've cleared all the leaves, etc. off the bottom, but I also can't get the vacuum to work-not sure if I have a faulty hose or what but I'm crabby with my daughter & think the pool is probably causing some stress-lol!

13592186_1048505141852041_7322083155839467603_n.jpg

The SLAM process clears thousands of pools each season. There is no reason it won't clear yours. It sounds like you have had a lot of starts and stops. The SLAM process works best as one continuous application of chlorine until your pool is crystal clear.

Review the SLAM article and stay with it.

Right... and like Dave said ... consistency and maintain the proper SLAM FC level is key. You might want to confirm your CYA again in the next day or two. If it's 30, SLAM FC is 12. If it's 40 ( or 35 & above), then FC SLAM is 16. Just adjust accordingly. Have a nice weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.