Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Attached raised Spa leaking down

1. Back To Top    #1

Santa Clarita,CA

Attached raised Spa leaking down

Hello, My question is in regards to my Jandy 7305 check valve. the spa leaked down about 2 feet the other night so I replaced the flapper with a new one and the next morning the Spa leaked down about 4 inches, Is it possible that the whole valve housing needs to be replaced as that the flapper isn't seating properly due to wear? the pool equipment is 16 years old.

Thanks for any help
    16x36 free form gunite, 8' deep end, raised spa attached, 18,000 Gallons, Stone Scape mini pebble, remodeled 8/10/2015, Pentair variable speed pump #011018, DE filter, Pentair Easy Touch upgrade automation w/ screen logic, Pentair 520549 Easy Touch indoor control panel, is4 spa side remote, Pentair Mini Max plus 400 heater, Hayward Navigator pool vac, IntelliBrite 5G color LED light in pool and spa

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Attached raised Spa leaking down

It is possible, but I would think unlikely.

There are a few paths the water could take ... either through the suction side or the return side (and maybe a make-up path for overflow). Depends what your plumbing is like.

Point is, the check valve might be fine and the leak down could be through a 3-way valve.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!