So ended up starting SLAM on pool because water slightly cloudy and was passing OLCT at that time but no longer. We have to leave town and SLAM not done. What is the best advice?
Current levels --
CYA was 45 but had to add more water a few days ago and just tested and now showing under 40 (probably 37 or so -- slightly more than halfway between 30-40 mark).
TA - 130
Was maintaining chlorine at 20 for slam based on 45 CYA
Last night chlorine was 17 and cc was .5. Added chlorine and half an hour later it was measured 20.5 with cc of .5 so went to bed.
This morning it was 17 so added 64 ounces of chlorine and went to work (didn't have time to wait for it to distribute to measure it again.
At lunch chlorine was 17 with .5 CC so added another 64 ounces of chlorine -- this is when I remeasured the CYA and discovered it had dropped somewhere between 35-40.
So have to leave tomorrow morning.. won't be back until Monday night. What is my best bet?
No one else knows the testing procedure. I might be able to tell someone to dump in chlorine if I am lucky but it would just be once a day at most.
Should I just stick some pucks in since my CYA isn't too high but then will have a higher CYA when I come back to finish SLAM?
Can I bring it up to mustard shock level and throw the cover on? (it is a clear solar cover)
Should I put the solar cover on while we are gone and have someone dump in a gallon a day? The pool is in direct full sun -- No shade at all.