Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbles in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbles in pool

I have checked off the 3 things, water level, skimmer seal and return coupler. All are sealed and water level is fine. I also show no aeration at all at skimmer lid. None whatsoever. I still have a steady flow of minute bubbles coming out of returns. I read something about seal for impeller. Any thoughts?
    18,000 gal. Inground plaster. Pentair FNS Plus DE 48sq ft. 1 1/2 hp pump. Pentair Mini Max NT spa/pool heater. Automated w Goldline control pad inside and Aqua logic main control panel outside . Test strips and weekly pool store water testing. Attached spa w waterfall. Polaris 280 sweeper. Pool over 10yrs old.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbles in pool

Check the drain plugs on the suction side of the pump as well as the pump lid seal.
    20x35 in-ground oval. Wet Edge Luna Quartz finish. Hayes Super Pump with AO Smith V-Green 165 VS motor. Polaris 380. Enersol solar heating with automatic controller. Automated chlorination with Stenner pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Both are sealed. What I don't get is there isn't any air bubbles at all in pump lid, yet I still have aeration from returns.
    18,000 gal. Inground plaster. Pentair FNS Plus DE 48sq ft. 1 1/2 hp pump. Pentair Mini Max NT spa/pool heater. Automated w Goldline control pad inside and Aqua logic main control panel outside . Test strips and weekly pool store water testing. Attached spa w waterfall. Polaris 280 sweeper. Pool over 10yrs old.

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you have a SWG? I understand they produce bubbles.....
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, my SWG blows bubbles out of the return closest to the pump. If no SWG then there may be a suction leak to track down. More on that here, Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

No I have a DE system.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

If you have a 3 way valve in front of your pump you could have bad orings in the valve causeing an air leak. Move the handle does it get worse or better, if so then the shafts orings need to be replaced.

But always make sure your lid orings is alright without any leaves or grass or anything stopping the contact between the gasket and the lip of the pump on it and make sure you lid isn't cracked.

If you take a picture I should be able to help more.

8. Back To Top    #8

What puzzles me is I show no bubbles thru pump cover at all. Trying to send pix, a little confusing.

9. Back To Top    #9