Advice with Pavers?

Jun 15, 2016
marion/ohio
Since my last thread, I have drained my pool due to it being 3 inches or greater unlevel. we are now leveling ground, then will apply sand, liner, gorilla pad.
My question is .... is that the correct order to lay "flooring", only laying sand where the actual pool liner will set.
And.... i have 2x4 blocks to go under each leg. My question for that is... dig the "paver"/ wood, so that it lays flush with ground? correct?
do i tamp the little square that i dig for it? if they need moved back as pool fills, do i just dig enough to slide it back? then use paver sand to fill where i pulled it back from? before i set the block into my square should i add a little paver sand and tamp it then add the block?
any advice would be appreciated as i want this as level as possible.
also to ensure levelness of the blocks, do i check level from block to block all the way around pool site?
however i plan to add the blocks after the pool is in place, under each leg..... ??
also, sorry, do i pull legs out as it fills, or let them adjust themselves, as i adjust the wood blocks under them?
This is the most tedious part to me, and I want it perfect, or close to it :swim:

trying to use a level from block to block is not the most accurate way to do it. While it will work if your out 1/8th on one block by the time you get around the pool it could be out a 1" or 2". Best way is to go rent a lazer level with the stick and beeper.

trying to use a level from block to block is not the most accurate way to do it. While it will work if your out 1/8th on one block by the time you get around the pool it could be out a 1" or 2". Best way is to go rent a lazer level with the stick and beeper.

any advice that does not involve renting anything? lol , i am all rented out. this pool has turned into a money pit.
my funds have no more room for renting anymore equipment.

Look up using a water level. It is a simple DIY device that can get you very level and costs only a few dollars in parts. There have been a few threads about using them here.

any advice that does not involve renting anything? lol , i am all rented out. this pool has turned into a money pit.
my funds have no more room for renting anymore equipment.

I made a water level to do ours out of 3/8" clear tubing and a couple of 1x3's and yard sticks. Google it. Very simple and easy. Our pool is within 3/8" all the way around.

I see I was beaten.....

pool1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.