Where is all my chlorine going????

So, I've had a rough time with my pool this year for some reason..... It was a very warm winter so the pool was extra swampy when I opened it up. But, I SLAMed it, got it sparkling, raised my CYA up to 70 and off we went. Then I went on vacation for a week and the pool was slightly green when I came back. So i SLAMed it again and everything was fine..... until Wednesday. I got home and it was very green and cloudy, and my low salt indicator was lit on my SWG. I added 2 bags of salt and ran a full set of tests:
FC - 0
CC - 0
PH - 6.8
CYA - <20.... Where'd all my CYA go?!?!?

I added enough CYA to get me up to 30 (I sat there and squished the sock till it was all dissolved) and started SLAMing..... again. I re-tested yesterday and CYA was at 40 (good enough for now).

FC - 0
CC - .5
PH - 6.8
CYA - 40

Added 3 jugs of bleach to get me up to a shock level of 16. Waited an hour and tested again....

FC - 2
CC - 1

Ok, maybe I have more growing than I thought.... Lets add 3 more jugs..... and hour later:

FC - 0
CC - 1

This is seriously starting to concern me. I checked the dates on the bleach and they are all day 160 of this year.

This morning I added 2 more jugs and went to the store to get more. Came back and:

FC - 0
CC - 1

What the heck?!?!? I've never had this much trouble getting chlorine into the pool.

Any help would be great!!
thanks,

Ok, so I just tested and here's the results:

FC - 0
CC - 0
CYA - 40

So I don't think its ammonia/CYA issue....

Now, we did just get back from Destin, FL 2 weeks ago and I see that they now have a fecal bacteria problem.... wondering if we brought some of that back on life jackets/swim suits. I did wash everything and soaked the life jackets in bleach water so I'm not sure.....

Added 3 more jugs of bleach and will re-test in a few (luckily I was able to work from home today, but really wanted the pool open for the long weekend.... :( )

I've been reading through your posts, so keep posting. Just don't have much to offer as I'm new to TFP and this is my first pool but I have been learning a lot by reading all these threads.

well, we're getting a little better....

FC - 10
CC - 1

Pool is blue and just slightly dull. Hopefully I can get thru the afternoon with the 4 bottles of bleach I have left....

- - - Updated - - -

I'll get some pics in a few.... kinda working on finally posting the build and other stuff we've done the last 3 years since we upgraded to this pool. :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.