Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Started SLAM on Sunday, still going, now leaving town Saturday, what to do?

1. Back To Top    #1

Started SLAM on Sunday, still going, now leaving town Saturday, what to do?

Started SLAM Sunday as we were losing Chlorine daily, and SWG couldn't keep up.

Can't pass OCLT, but water is very clear. Losing 2-3 ppm nightly, but 0 CC
    Had bad rain last night added 2" of rain water to the pool. Thus diluting what I had already in there.
    Topped off this am, reading was 28, added to get back to 31
    CYA = 80, so I'm keeping FC above 31

I'll be home today, so I can monitor and keep FC level intact, Mn - THursday no one was home during day, and we'd lose 10-12 ppm during the day. Its been very sunny and warm here too.

What do I do before leaving town? Boost FC way up? I've been using Kreepy Krawly every night for 8 hours, pump has been on non-stop.

Thanks for the help.
    Phil
    ~9600 gal gunite pool, NEW July 2015; Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump; Pentair C&C 150 filter; Pentair Intelliclor IC40 swg; solar heat w/ Pentair Solartouch controller, screened. Taylor K 2005 test kit, FAS-DPD separate test, Taylor K1766 salt test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Started SLAM on Sunday, still going, now leaving town Saturday, what to do?

How long will you be out of town?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    How long will you be out of town?
    From Saturday noon until Monday night sometime.
    Phil
    ~9600 gal gunite pool, NEW July 2015; Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump; Pentair C&C 150 filter; Pentair Intelliclor IC40 swg; solar heat w/ Pentair Solartouch controller, screened. Taylor K 2005 test kit, FAS-DPD separate test, Taylor K1766 salt test

4. Back To Top    #4

Bump new issue

Didn't get an answer to my question, so I bumped FC to 45 for weekend, and left town

Came home to FC of 22.5 and CC of 6.
    CYA = 80, and I see some little bugs floating on surface, so we will have to use the net to scoop those out.

We've never had a cc reading before, and now its 6

Evidently our going high killed off something right?

Am going back to SLAM level of 31, and brushing again.

Anything else to do?
    Phil