Hayward aquabug help

Jun 6, 2010
Central Indiana
Just purchased a Hayward aquacritter and having some trouble. After a few minutes the pump starts having a low water level like enough water is not coming through. It's a Hayward 1 hp pump so I think it should be plenty strong. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Question 2) the instructions say to shove the Hayward hose with the cone adaptor straight down into the skimmer hole without using the basket. Why would they want you to not use the basket?

Question 3) can I use my regular pool hose and vacuum plate adaptor instead of the hose that came with T the cleaner?

The air in the pump basket may be caused from air entering the hose at some point at a connection. I use a 30' hose for my cleaner and never have used the short sections that are commonly included with these types of cleaners.

I'm using a different adapter for my hose into my skimmer that works fine. You wouldn't want to use the skimmer basket because the cone must make a nearly water-tight/suction connection for best performance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.